Among the fat burners causing a stir in bodybuilding forums, VPX Meltdown has built up quite a buzz.
VPX Meltdown is marketed to both male and female bodybuilders. The formula, however, is too strong for just the average dieter; so, if you are one, this isn’t for you. As an advanced bodybuilder though, it would behoove you to take a closer look at this.
Describe What VPX Meltdown Is
VPX Meltdown is an aggressively formulated fat burner from VPX/Redline Sports Nutrition Performance Beverages. It is part of a successful line of bodybuilding products that have garnered a lot of satisfied followers.
VPX Meltdown claims to rev up your metabolism faster and longer than other fat burning supplements can. Although the official website tends toward “marketing silliness” (“the euphoria of 40,000 chocolate bars that removes fat like a blow torch”) and lengthy scientific explanations that may go over a lot of people’s heads, the products in it are nothing to sneer at because most of them have proven to be extremely potent.
What’s In A Pill?
Redline products are known for their powerful and effective formulas. VPX Meltdown is not formulated any less with these ingredients:
- Yohimbine (NorEpiphex™ a2-Andrenergic Blockade Complex) – This is the star ingredient but one that carries some controversy. Although used for centuries as a sexual stimulant, yohimbe and its derivatives have been banned in many European countries for its negative side effects reportedly, high blood pressure, kidney failure, psychiatric issues and a lot more. Yohimbe, in this supplement, comes in three variations. They work as the stimulants, although yohimbine or yohimbe have not conclusively proven their thermogenic powers in clinical tests. Nevertheless, a lot of users swear by the weight loss results from this herb not to mention its great side effect for increasing sexual urges.
- Caffeine (Fat Catabolizer™) – Caffeine is a standard ingredient in most fat burners. It comes in many forms, often expressly stated as caffeine anhydrous or more cloaked by herbal ingredients such as yerba mate. Caffeine and yerba mate are both present is this formulation. Caffeine has always demonstrated its desirable, clinically proven thermogenic qualities. Yerba mate also contains caffeine. Aside from being a stimulant, this herb is a diuretic and carries some antioxidants as well.
- M_TTA or Methyl Tetradecylthioacetic Acid – In lab animals, this fatty acid promotes the efficiency of the cell’s ability to burn fat. This compound is an interesting and relatively unique addition to a fat burner’s ingredient stack. Although it hasn’t been thoroughly tested on humans, you may be adventurous enough to be its guinea pig. What works for rats may work for you, right? Besides, there are some people who like how VPX Meltdown worked for them.
- cAMP (3′-5′-Cyclic Adenosine Monophosphate — Lipolytic Trigger) – cAMP is an enzyme that does figure a lot in lipolysis (fat breakdown), thermogenesis, insulin secretion and other metabolic processes. Many fat burners encourage more production of this enzyme by including natural herbs such as coleus forskohlii and clary sage which promote more cAMP production. Clinical studies, however, have yielded lacklustre results so it isn’t very clear if this lipolytic trigger registers any help here at all.
- Synephrine (Super Synephrine™) – Methyl-synephrine HCL has been finding its way to many fat burners. As a derivative of synephrine, this compound is supposed to be stronger than the parent compound. Synephrine has been attributed with the fat burning power of the banned ephedra; however, recent clinical studies have shown rather a disappointing potency. A more powerful derivative of synephrine then wouldn’t have as much power as we think it has, but there really aren’t very many choices in ingredients that have at least half of the fat burning power of ephedra, is there?
- PEA (Iphoric® Potent Methyl β-3 PEA Matrix) – This is the mood picker upper. PEA or phenylethylamine is the "feel-good" chemical found in chocolate; hence the 40,000 chocolate bar reference. PEA, however, is easily metabolized by an enzyme known as MAO (monoamine oxidase) so that the substance can hardly be used as a mood and energy enhancer without any MAO inhibitors. So it is imperative that an MAO inhibitor be added in the form of….
- Hordenine (NorEpiphex™ M-MAOxidizor-I™) – Hordenine is the MAO inhibitor that checks the MAO enzyme action on PEA and ensures less of its breakdown. Takers of VPX Meltdown should experience good energy levels which hopefully will translate to better fat burning workouts for them.
The Bottom Line
Even if there is scant data from human clinical trial results on VPX Meltdown’s ingredients, it nevertheless seems like an impressive lineup of potentials. The product may not work as fast or as hard as what we are otherwise led to believe in its ads, but we believe it will work much better than other fat burners in the market. Its manufacturer has a good reputation of churning out powerful supplements so VPX Meltdown should be no exception. If you decide to try it, bear in mind that you will be taking high potency pills, so be cautious about its dosage.
Again, if you are not a hardcore exercise nut or bodybuilder, it’s best to leave this supplement to those whose advanced fitness levels simply require fine tuning such as chiseled six-packs and carved biceps. If you’re simply one who needs to lose excess weight, try a gentler concoction like Phentramin-D.
Together with diet and exercise, Phentramin-D is the first step to take on your way to becoming a VPX Meltdown future user.
Weight Comment’s Rating: 5 / 5